Sunday, April 14, 2013

Food Friday: Beef & Broccoli

I know, I know. It's actually Sunday. But I spent all day on Friday with my husband and then all day yesterday with my cousin and our family at her bridal shower! So, since today is the first day I've really had to sit down at the computer, I guess it's really a food Sunday, but it's a pretty good one!

This is my go-to recipe for when I bring people food, because it's pretty easy, yummy, and it's different from the usual things you get when people bring you food. This past week, I brought it over to my friends who just brought their GORGEOUS new baby girl home from the hospital.

 
Ingredients:
 
  • 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips (or ground beef)
  • 1 cup beef consumme
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 package broccoli

Directions:
  1. Brown meat, drain, and return to pan
  2. Mix together beef consumme, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and cornstarch in seperate bowl
  3. Pour mixture over beef, mix in broccoli, and let simmer together until broccoli is warm.
 
I usually serve this with rice, and all together, it's one of my favorite dishes! I hope yall enjoy it!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment