Friday, April 5, 2013

Food Friday: Chicken Noodle

Did you think last week's honey apple pork loin was easy? Wait until you see this Friday's recipe! We had a friend and her son over for a playdate with little man yesterday evening along with two of my husband's sisters, and then we all had dinner after the babies played for a little bit. Rather than being distracted the whole time they were here with fixing dinner, I figured I'd do another crockpot dinner so I could just put everything together before they got here and then be free to enjoy time with everyone. So I made what is probably the easiest meal in the history of all food: chicken noodle.

I didn't call it chicken noodle soup, because it's not really a soup. It's exactly what it's called. Just chicken and noodles. It's incredibly simple, but it's one of my personal favorites, and not just because it takes about a minute to fix. My husband, little man, and I all really like it (and it seemed like everyone else did last night too)!

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup butter (sliced up)
  • 42 ounces chicken broth
  • 24 ounces egg noodles

Directions:

  1. Combine all ingredients except noodles in crockpot. Let cook on low for 8 hours.
  2. Shred chicken, add egg noodles, and stir together. Let sit for another hour.

2 steps, basically no work, and at the end of the day, you have a yummy dinner that will satisfy even picky eaters. This makes a pretty good amount too, so you'll have leftovers and be set for lunch the next day. We fed 5 adults and little man, a lot of us had seconds, and I still have some leftover for my lunch today! Yall enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment